January 29th 2017 Chimney Fire Press Release
On Sunday January 29th at 4:36am the Esopus Fire Department was dispatched to the report of a Chimney Fire at 4 Hermance Lane in the Town of Esopus. The first arriving unit was on the scene in less than 30 seconds from the dispatch and reported smoke coming from the front door. Firefighters made entry and found active fire in the attic and walls of the structure. A 2nd alarm was transmitted which brought mutual aid companies to the scene to assist. The fire was brought under control in less than 45 minutes. While there was damage to the structure, no injuries were reported. A Fire Investigation was completed by the Ulster County Fire Investigation Unit and has been listed as an Accidental fire. Units returned to service shortly after 7:00am.
Other agencies assisting include: Port Ewen, Highland, Rifton, St. Remy, City of Kingston, and Milton Fire Departments as well as the Town of Esopus Volunteer Ambulance Squad, Ulster County Bureau of Fire, Ulster County Fire Investigation Unit, Central Hudson and the Town of Esopus Building Inspector.