Fire Safety Reminder

  • Posted on: 13 July 2018
  • By: zspalding@esopu...

In the wake of this week tragic fire we reminder everyone both young and old the following.
1. If you are in a fire get out and stay out
2. Don't attempt to rescue property
3. Always know two ways out of places you are staying. This also applies to places that you work.
4. Make sure smoke alarms are working and tested on a regular  basis.

Chief stresses fire risks after deadly blaze in Esopus

July 10th 2018 Structure Fire

  • Posted on: 10 July 2018
  • By: zspalding@esopu...

On Tuesday, July 10th at 02:28 the Esopus Fire Department was dispatched for a report house fire 719 Old Post Rd. Firefighters arrived within 5 minutes to find a “well involved” house fire and received reports that one of the occupants was still inside. Firefighters made entry to the structure, battled heavy fire conditions and were able to locate the occupant but the occupant had succumbed to injuries sustained in the fire. Two other occupants were able to safely evacuate and were evaluated by the Town of Esopus Volunteer Ambulance Squad.

May 11th 2018 Auto Accident

  • Posted on: 11 May 2018
  • By: zspalding@esopu...

On Friday, May 11th at 07:30 the Esopus Fire Department and Esopus Ambulance were dispatched to a reported Head-on MVA in the area of 1097 Route 9W. The first arriving unit was on the scene prior to the dispatch and found what appeared to be several accidents involving seven vehicles. Two of the vehicles involved struck head-on, trapping one of the drivers. The Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) Plan was initiated bringing additional ambulances to the scene to assist.

Chicken Parm Dinner April 8th 2017

  • Posted on: 8 March 2017
  • By: zspalding@esopu...

When: April 8th  2017
Where: Esopus Fire House
Costs: $15 per person or $25 per couple 
Seating Times: 5PM or 7PM
Please join us for another chicken parm dinner Saturday April 8th! Tickets can be purchased for a 5:00PM or 7:00PM seating. Take out orders will be available to pick up at 6:00PM. $15 a person or $25 a couple. 

January 29th 2017 Chimney Fire Press Release

  • Posted on: 30 January 2017
  • By: zspalding@esopu...

On Sunday January 29th at 4:36am the Esopus Fire Department was dispatched to the report of a Chimney Fire at 4 Hermance Lane in the Town of Esopus. The first arriving unit was on the scene in less than 30 seconds from the dispatch and reported smoke coming from the front door. Firefighters made entry and found active fire in the attic and walls of the structure. A 2nd alarm was transmitted which brought mutual aid companies to the scene to assist. The fire was brought under control in less than 45 minutes. While there was damage to the structure, no injuries were reported.